Friday, October 11, 2019

WHAT A HEADACHE


I had a migraine this morning, and I missed Mass.  I usually do not do that.  I also missed T's neighborhood football party.  That, I was not looking forward to.  I was feeling better in the afternoon,  but stayed at home because I didn't know how I was going to be able to be in the same house with him, Philip, and all the other neighbors without feeling uncomfortable.  Not to mention that Roberta usually looks at T as if he were the main dish on her menu.  I didn't need to see that.

T called me during the day while guests were in his home.  He said that he sneaked in his bedroom to do so.  He teased that he wanted to come over and nurse me back to health.  I told him that he was nuts.  It was a nice idea, but I threatened his life--called him "Markus", which is his given name and his mother only calls him that when he's in trouble.  I warned that he would be in deep trouble if he tried to come over.  But, then again, he's never been afraid of my wrath. 

When the doorbell rang, I knew who it was.  I opened the front door, and saw his face.  In shock, I pulled him inside as quickly as possible.  After a quick smile and kiss, he told me that he would not stay long, and would leave immediately, because he knew that I was freaking out.  He just wanted to give me something that was in a small white bag that he held in his hand.  I looked inside, and found that he had bought me a Lindt chocolate bar with raspberry filling.  It is my absolute favorite.  I decided not to kill him after all.

But, I had to get him out.  I pushed him out the front door, after checking first.  He made sure to remind me that his day off was Tuesday, and not Wednesday.  I will rest all day tomorrow  to be ready for our day.