Sunday, September 29, 2019

ONE CRAZY DAY, PART TWO - AN UNPLANNED PREGNANCY TEST

Well, you could have heard a pin drop after Chloe suggested that I might be pregnant.  She was happy for me, of course, knowing about my troubles in that area, but she knows nothing of my current situation.  There was no doubt about who the father would be, and that person was obviously not my husband.



uh oh

My mind started to race as she suggested that I take a pregnancy test that she so happened to have on hand (she stocks up, just in case..well good for her).  As she gleefully ran to get the test, I was trying to figure out how this could have happened.  We have been careful, and always used protection.  There was just that first time in my hallway...how late was I?  I had not been keeping track.  Well, I have not really had to keep track--until now.

I did not want to take the test, but I did.  I left the tester in the bathroom, and told Chloe to go in there and look at it.  I did not want to see the results.  It all made so much sense, considering how I've been feeling lately.  I was convinced that I was pregnant.  What else could it be?  I just waited for Chloe to confirm the hard facts.

"I'm so sorry," Chloe said when she returned.

"Oh No," I said as I put my head into my hands.  

How was I going to explain this?  Immaculate conception?  There was no way to explain it.  The affair was going to be exposed.  I wanted to collapse on the floor and cry my eyes out.

"You could always try again," she said, with a comforting hand to my shoulder.

Suddenly, I was confused, and then I realized what she meant.  She was sorry because the test was negative.  I tried not to show my true feelings, but the relief that I felt was palpable.  After all this time, I never thought that I would be relieved that I was NOT pregnant.  Oh how life has changed.

I may have dodged this bullet, but there is definitely something going on with me.  I plan on going to the doctor to find out why I've been so tired lately.  At least I know that I am not pregnant, and right now, that is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment