Monday, September 30, 2019

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SCREWING UP MY DAY!

My Wednesday was nearly ruined today, thanks to Claudia Perkins.

She re-scheduled a PTA meeting for today.   Now, it was originally scheduled for tomorrow morning, but since she could not make it (and she's the queen bee), everyone else had to adjust their schedule.  I didn't find out until this morning.  

Needless to say, I was furious, since I was just about to leave to see T when I got the call.  I told him that I needed to go to the meeting, and that I would see him around lunchtime.  I should have skipped the meeting altogether (for sanity's sake, and my own well being), because it was a complete waste of time.  It always is a huge waste of time whenever I am there.

While driving in the rain on the way home--of course, I passed a Burger King, and suddenly I was craving a Whopper.  I don't know where it came from--kind of hit me like a brick, because I usually avoid that place like the plague.  But, there I was, in the parking lot, shoveling the entire sandwich down my throat like I had not eaten in two weeks.  I just had to have it.

Once I was finally home, it was about Noon.  I walked in the house, brushed my teeth and looked at my appearance in the mirror (didn't want any ketchup in the corner of my mouth).  Then I walked out the back door, through the wooden gate and to T's house.  As soon as I saw him, I started to feel sick to my stomach, so I ran into the bathroom to lose my newly eaten lunch.  How romantic am I?

After emerging from the bathroom, T could see the frustration all over my face.  He asked what was wrong and I vented everything:  How the meeting was switched to a Wednesday, the fact that no-one ever listens to my ideas, and how I feel unappreciated by everyone, the fact that I had to leave at two and that there was no time for anything...I cursed and bitched, ranted and paced.  He listened to everything, and actually looked like he was interested in what I had to say.  

I really do love that guy.


my favorite

Then, I noticed something behind him.  There were two wrapped boxes on the dining room table. I asked him what was the occasion, and he said that there was no special occasion, but he was just thinking of me.  Behind the boxes was a bouquet of purple flowers (irises, which are my absolute favorite).  

I opened the smaller box to see a beautiful beaded anklet with a silver charm attached with the shape of a peach.  He said that it was a gift for me, and that when I wear it, I should think of him.  The second and larger box contained a red satin nightgown to replace the one that was ruined.  He said that it was a gift for him.  I assume that he will think of me when I wear it.

I asked T how he knew that irises were my favorite, and he said that I told him about it back in July.  I was stunned, because I don't even remember telling him that.  P always made a habit of giving me flowers for occasions, but never gave me irises.   The first bouquet of flowers from T?  Irises.  Somebody really pays attention to what I say.  It is such a pleasure to know that.



No comments:

Post a Comment