Thursday, July 11, 2019

SOMEONE SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT

I looked away for a second, and that was all it took.  Then Derek was face down in the pool.  I froze.  Luckily, Mark was there to pull him out, and bring him back to life.  I almost lost my boy.




We were at Mark's house for dinner.  Me, Philip and Derek.  I was mad--forced into making dinner for someone I hate because of a favor he did for us.  It was the least that I could do, Philip said.  I wasn't thrilled about it.

Then after dinner, while Philip went next door to get something, and Derek swam in the pool, Mark and I got into a heated argument.  I don't even know what it was about anymore.  It all seems so silly now.  The argument continued until Philip returned, and then I realized that I didn't hear Derek anymore.  I turned, and to my horror, Derek was no longer swimming.

I screamed, and then Mark jumped into the pool, and with Philip's help, pulled Derek out.  He wasn't breathing.  Mark gave him CPR, and I never prayed so hard in my life.  By the grace of God, Derek was saved.  The man that I hated saved his life, and in turn, saved my life.  I will never forget it.


No comments:

Post a Comment