Wednesday, May 1, 2019

MY MOTHER'S DAY GIFT WILL BE...

A PHILLIE'S GAME.



ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

I think that I have already stated how devoted a Phillie's fan Philip is.  The man is in front of the television set for every pre-game, and then game, and then post-game.  Our lives revolve around the Phillies during baseball season (and the Eagles during football season).  I have accepted it.  I don't like it, but I have accepted it.

But, Mother's Day?  We are traveling to Philadelphia on Mother's Day?  Why can't we just go to the movies, or dinner, or something else that is MY choice?  Why can't we go to a freaking Phillie's game on Father's Day, when it is his choice?  Oh no, Father's Day is the day when he gets the royal treatment.  He wouldn't pass that up.  Where's my royal treatment?

Of course, Derek is really excited about going to the game, so add in the Mother's guilt.  If I tell them that I don't want to go to the freaking game, then Derek will be disappointed.  I don't want to disappoint him, so I will keep my mouth shut.  So, I will be the one disappointed...again, for the sake of my family.

I REALLY WANT TO SCREAM RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment