Tuesday, November 20, 2018

THANKSGIVING ANXIETY - UNEDITED



Thanksgiving is just around the corner.  So much to do with so little time.  We are having company at our home this year.  We are having turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings, and will have the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade playing on the background.  It is one of my favorite holidays, outside of Christmas.

I have to admit that even though this holiday is one of my favorites, this year I am dreading it.  I'm having the in-laws over, and Philip's sister, husband and children.  I love them, but for the past ten years of my marriage, I have felt that they tolerate me, at the most.  It is always such a stressful  time when they are over.  My niece and nephew run around the house, which makes Derek a lunatic.  Philip's parents seem to complain about everything;  the traffic, the food, the decorations.  I try so hard to please them, but whatever I do does not seem to be enough for them.

But I will soldier on, as usual, and watch the clock counting the hours before they leave. The Girardis are stopping by at around seven, and this might be the last time that we spend Thanksgiving together.  Hopefully, Philip's family will be gone by then and I can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment